WindStream Communications Analyst II-Tax in Little Rock, Arkansas
This position will be responsible for compliance of sales and use tax returns and other transaction taxes, preparation of journal entries for month-end accruals and performance of account reconciliations; assist in request for proposal tax estimates; preform tax research and analysis of tax laws; maintenance of tax rates; and assist in maintaining access databases for monthly compliance data.
- Preparation and timely filing of Sales/Use and other transaction tax returns and associated tax payments.
- Preparation of journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and research variances.
- Assist in monitoring the tax inquires mailbox and respond to tax inquiries, exemption certificate requests and request for proposal tax estimates in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain tax rates on worksheets used for sales/use tax compliance.
Assist in maintenance of access databases used to compile, format and analyze tax data and create any needed journal entries.
Advanced MS Office knowledge including database skills.
- Strong aptitude for learning and initiative to work independently.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize multiple projects.
College degree and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6 years professional level related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: *Finance
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Requisition ID: 18000681