Goodman Networks, Inc. Cell Technician II - Little Rock, AR in Little Rock, Arkansas
Goodman Networks offers a complete family of solutions to wireless carriers, OEMs, backhaul service providers, and enterprise customers. Additionally, our Field Services division is a valued partner of DIRECTV delivering high quality service installations, maintenance, and upgrades for residential and commercial customers. Solutions and services offered by Goodman Networks help these entities implement new technologies faster, enhance network performance, and improve business results.
Perform routine maintenance, surveillance, and operations on radio frequency/analog/microwave components. Designs test fixtures, analyzes test results, and documents tests performed on components. Assist in the development of lab test procedures. Documents service by recording inspections and maintenance.
Essential Function: * Must be analytical and able to trouble-shoot complex network issues in order to isolates trouble for correction. * Manages all trouble tickets base on severity level and performs corrective measures to insure customer SLA levels are being met. * Performs in a SME level capacity to assist other technicians with troubleshooting and training when necessary. * Communicates efficiently with the NOC to insure proper closeout of maintenance tickets. * Performs routine inspection of spares inventory. * Individual must be a self-starter and able to work through multiple tasks simultaneously. * Repairs or replaces damaged or faulty items in a timely manner to ensure maximum network availability. * Performs all components of cell site maintenance including: automatic/manual optimization, antenna testing and results analysis. * Performs testing, acceptance and analysis of DS0, FT1, T1, T3, OC3, and STS1 circuits including: Microwave or SONET systems, CSU, T1 interface devices, Digital Cross Connects and physical cross connects utilizing appropriate test equipment (T-BERD or equivalent) * Ensures power systems are functional which includes performing and analyzing battery routines, performing voltage adjustments and PM’s on rectifiers and DC power systems. * Ensures proper maintenance of site buildings and grounds. * Communicates efficiently & effectively with the NOC to insure proper closeout of maintenance tickets. * Performs inspection of microwave systems. Including: performs routine preventive maintenance, equipment alarm analysis, inspection of waveguide pressure and desiccant, annual preventive maintenance on all radio types, advanced troubleshooting, basic installation and acceptance of radio and path alignment with tower crew. * Must work well under pressure situations involving customer outages and catastrophic network events. Goodman Networks considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
- Ericsson base station equipment experience
- 1 year minimum Ethernet backhaul/transport test and troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge in all aspects of channel addition / removal, base station equipment alarm analysis and hardware troubleshooting
- Knowledge of all call processing schemes including ANALOG/CDMA/UMTS/LTE
- Familiarity with RF drive test methods and procedures
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite is required
- A valid Driver’s License is required
- Pre-employment physical required Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Typically requires 3 years of equivalent experience along with related technical training Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone in English
- Sit, stand, stoop and drive
- Be exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions
- Ability to travel between job sites daily is a must; frequent overnight travel or longer is also a must
- Must be willing to work days/nights/weekends depending on project demands
- Maintain a valid driver license
Title: Cell Technician II - Little Rock, AR
Location: AR-Little Rock
Requisition ID: 18000176