PRIDE Industries Janitorial Supervisor in Little Rock, Arkansas
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE: Janitorial Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Federal Contracts
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
APPROVAL DATE: March 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Under broad supervision, supervises the daily work of custodial staff and manages outside custodial contracts at various facilities. Employees in this job class perform a variety of functions to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires knowledge of custodial practices, contract management, working with developmentally disabled and/or physically challenged adults, and the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Coordinates, directs, and manages assigned staff and contract vendors to perform custodial services.
- Maintains professional relationship with site Point of Contact (POC), assuring services are being performed in accordance with contract, and resolving any problems with services.
- Supervises staff; ensures a competent, motivated staff through hiring, training, counseling, and reviewing performance.
- Schedules and prioritizes tasks, and ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
- Performs rehab counseling with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges. Creates and documents behavioral and vocational objectives, and maintains reports and files associated with counseling. Provides special training and assistance when needed.
- Manages time cards, sick days and vacations for staff to ensure departmental coverage and customer satisfaction.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff, leadership, committee, and offsite meetings. Prepares agendas, rosters, and presentation materials for various meetings.
- Fills in for custodial crew leads in their absence; and performs a variety of minor plumbing, electrical, wall repair, painting, lock repair, and light duty vehicle and mechanical equipment repairs as needed.
- Prepares a variety of reoccurring reports, business correspondence, agendas, presentation materials, and certificates.
- Frequent travel between facilities is required.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
Three years of experience in custodial services and/or building maintenance, including lead worker responsibilities;
Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety regulations;
Knowledge of departmental operations and procedures, and organizational policies;
Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment including that used in the trades of electrical, plumbing, general carpentry, custodial services, forklifts, and the repair of vehicle and mechanical equipment;
Computer literacy including skill to operate word processing, spreadsheet, Internet, and presentation software applications;
Knowledge of counseling adults with developmental disabilities, documenting behavioral and vocational objectives, and reporting requirements;
Ability to train employees in proper departmental practices and procedures, including safety and proper use of tools and equipment.
Staff management skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present information and respond to questions from clients, customers and others;
Human relations skills to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others;
Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities;
Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, and analytical skills;
Ability to travel to local facilities on a frequent basis.
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: N/A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
Standing, and/or walking (50-60%)
Bending, kneeling, squatting, and/or stooping (50-60%)
Sitting and/or talking on the phone (40-45%)
May lift of more boxes or equipment (up to 35 pounds) (10-20%)
Climbing ladders (10-20%)
Working in confined spaces (5-10%)
Exposure to toxic substances (10-20%)
Exposure to risk of electrical shock (10-20%)
Exposure to wind, rain, cold, and heat (25-30%)
Noise from equipment in construction environment (20-30%)
Viewing computer monitor requiring close vision (20-25%)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in an office/shop environment most of the time. The remainder of work is performed on job sites in an environment with various tools, construction equipment, custodial equipment and chemicals.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2018-8671
Type Full Time Regular
Location US-AR-Little Rock
Additional Information N/A