U.S. Bank RCA Consultant 6 - CBSS Risk in North Little Rock, Arkansas
Provides risk related oversight for Home Mortgage Origination. Assists and consults to establish and maintain appropriate policies and controls to support business objectives yet maintain acceptable risk tolerances and also comply with applicable laws and regulations.
• Provide risk related oversight, guidance and consultation for assigned business lines.
• Engage on business line risk assessments. Understand impacts leading to business lines’ risk ratings.
• Consult with business lines on audit findings; assist with determining acceptable risk balanced solutions providing credible challenge when needed. Review remediated issues for completeness and sustainability.
• Monitor business lines open remediation issues. Insure progress toward completion is on target and escalate when appropriate. .
• Work with the business lines on Regulatory & Audit exams to monitor status, conduct pre-assessments as needed, and provide credible challenge as appropriate.
• Work with business lines to understand consumer complaints and identify themes/cross business line impacts. Communicate findings and suggestions to business lines.
• Work with business lines to ensure completeness in loss reporting. Assist in determining root causes for losses and go forward preventative measures.
• Understand business lines’ product and process “road maps”. Provide risk guidance on potential enhancements and new products. Engage as needed on corporate change control process to insure change requests are reviewed and processed efficiently.
• Monitor regulatory trends.
• Work with the business line to understand proposed business changes. Monitor progress on business change risk assessments and complete post implementation reviews to ensure risk mitigation plans are completed and changes have been implemented as planned.
• Provide subject matter expert input on risk related issues. Partner with business lines, IT and other areas to determine best risk balanced approach to threats or issues.
Remote based position unless residing near a U.S. Bank office
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Seven to ten years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
Applicable professional certifications
Considerable knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
Considerable understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
Considerable knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
Must possess business acumen and credibility to help business line(s) proactively identify and address changing workforce needs
Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180009455
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.