Simmons Bank BSA Compliance Specialist I in Searcy, Arkansas
Compliance Specialist I works directly with a Compliance Manager to meet the requirements of the assigned regulatory area of the Compliance Management Program which includes researching, reviewing, and interpreting existing and pending laws and regulations. The Compliance Specialist I provides assistance to management in order to maintain a quality compliant culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Researches, reviews, and interprets existing and pending laws and regulations, which potentially affect the assigned regulatory area, such as CRA, HMDA, etc.
• Assists the compliance manager in establishing and modifying standards, policies, and procedures which affect compliance.
• Works directly with the Compliance Manager to meet the requirements of the Compliance Management Program, which includes associate training, conducting internal assessments, and board reports.
• Provides ongoing assistance and support to the compliance manager in administrative responsibilities.
• Assists management in new product development, systems, and procedures.
• Provides input relative to compliance and regulatory matters.
• Ensures that all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or legal documents.
• Ability to write simple-to-business correspondence, routine reports, and procedures.
• Ability to respond in writing to customer complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Education and/or Experience
• BS/BA Degree (4 year) from an accredited university /college or two to four years’ experience in equivalent compliance position, preferred.
• CRCM certificate or three years of experience in compliance assessment s plus knowledge of CRA and Fair Lending regulations, preferred.
About Simmons Bank
For over 110 years, we’ve been dedicated to helping people and businesses achieve their financial goals. Today, Simmons Bank has approximately $14 billion in assets along with over 2,500 associates located in communities throughout Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. We’re growing! In fact, Fortune magazine recently listed Simmons as the 62nd fastest growing company in the U.S. Our growth has led to some amazing career opportunities. There’s never been a better time to join our team – a team dedicated to working together, high integrity, passion for all we do, and a commitment to high performance and personal and professional growth. If these cornerstones of company culture appeal to you, let’s talk!
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Corporate Human Resources at 870.541.1137 or.
Requisition ID 2018-2775
Position Type Full Time
Additional Locations US-TN-Athens | US-TN-Union City | US-AR-Searcy | US-AR-Hot Springs | US-AR-El Dorado | US-AR-Jonesboro | US-MO-Springfield | US-TX-Fort Worth